Home Health Notify hand-holds Agencies to embrace and realize their full potential.
Technology often has a reputation for creating distance. Fortunately, it has had an opposite effect in health care, making it easier to connect patients with providers. In Home Health Care, tech innovations have helped providers monitor patients with mobility, transportation or other issues that make getting to healthcare facility a challenge. Technology is critical to home health care, especially during these testing times of Pandemic. IT expertise and new generation Apps are proving to be of immense assistance to prevent Staff exposure to COVID-19-positive patients. Future advances in home health care skills have the potential to facilitate its role within the overall health care system and help foster community-based independence for individuals. Adapting new skills, HHAs can work closely with families and caregivers, to balance their safety and care.
Technology has become a beneficial alternative to connect and monitor patient who were otherwise isolated. It has also ensured ‘at-risk’ patients didn’t postpone important check-ups and evaluations. Information technology has been used in health care for a long time to bridge geographic distances and give people access to expert opinions without having to travel. Technology can be a wonderful tool, tech-based care can help to:
- Reduce rehospitalization
- Improve Patient Outcome
- Keep patients more comfortable at home
- Allow Clinicians to manage symptoms better
- Provide immediate feedback and support especially during emergency
Technology has revolutionized and improved home health care immensely, most important aspects are:
- Communication in Real-Time: Advances in IT and introduction of online Apps have made communication extremely swift and accurate. Communication Apps have exhaustive features that cover the entire team working on a patient to get immediate information on them at the click of a button. This is a boon, during the time of emergencies.
- Support field staff manage home health tasks more efficiently: The care givers on the go, visiting houses of various patients in a day are well informed not just about the details of the patients but any alterations in the plan or situation in Real-Time. Technology also supports them with mapping the houses of the patients so as to save time on the road.
- Results in more patient visits per day: With seamless communication, mapping and instant information on every situation the clinicians on field are in control of the situation. Care givers get ample time to take-on more patients, since there is less paper work to tackle and minimum visit to the office to feed information. This proves to be a win-win situation for everyone, Patients, Clinicians and the
Need for HHAs to shift towards new technologies
During and after the COVID-19 crisis, success has favoured the innovators. Home Health Agencies that have adjusted their business operations accordingly and are keeping up with the sweeping regulatory changes have a massive advantage moving forward.
Home healthcare for a long time has been paper-based, and many companies are still figuring out what digital transformation will look like for them. Companies are looking at ways they can use technology to improve efficiency, facilitate clinician’s workflow, provide a better patient experience and potentially take advantage of reimbursement from the federal government. The pandemic has made clear the need to digitize, especially with telemedicine options. Modern telemedicine can now be a central part of an organization’s strategy for patient care, rather than an auxiliary, nice-to-have function.
The wider implementation of telemedicine has also put focus on the importance of investing in a strong technological infrastructure. An effective telemedicine strategy needs a strong digital foundation that is able to integrate with existing systems and provide more efficient service. Improvements in home healthcare IT will be a big support to clinicians and caregivers as well. Digitization can help clinicians focus on patients rather than spending time on data entry and sifting through stacks of papers.
Pandemic accelerated the technology conversation in independent living communities as many were not prepared for the high demand at the start of the health crisis. When residents became isolated due to safety restrictions, technology kept them linked to their health consultants and loved ones. The senior sector is growing the most in terms of adapting to new technologies, as they are used to being cured while they are in the comforts of their homes. The routine screenings and care that were postponed during the pandemic will cause ripple effects for years to come.
It is high time the HHAs understand the need of the hour and leverage technology for their patients, which will ensure reduced hospitalisation and increased patient census. Adopting well designed communication platform and cohesive technology will set your Home Health Agency in brick and mortar, with your sight firmly set towards a fruitful future.
Home Health Notify (HHN) is a Real-time HIPAA compliant Communication platform that is made by a Home Health Agency for the Home Health Industry. HHN works with all EMRs effectively and efficiently.
HHN is the ideal platform to adopt, while making the big leap towards digitization and prompt communication. The App promotes process-oriented work ethics, well defined work schedule with Hourly | Daily | Weekly Calendars and detailed Workflows of each process.
For more information, visit the link below and register for FREE virtual tour
Contact Us – Home Health Notify